Sunday, April 6, 2014

Perception/Attitude (aka, Randomness from the Mind of Adri :)

   Quite often it is hard to keep a positive attitude about things. Especially when so often the negatives seem to outweigh the positives. Of course not everything can go well all the time. Moods are the same. There are a lot of times when the way you perceive something can change just with a shift in attitude. Look at things in a negative light, and everything will seem horrible and bleak. But shift your perception just a little, force yourself to look at the bright side, and sometimes things will start to look up.
   It isn't necessarily going to be an easy shift. Sometimes it will take a while to adjust your thinking to the situation, but it is something that is possible. The last few months for me and my family have been pretty stressful and it seems like the negatives just keep stacking up. But last weekend we were able to get the whole family (minus dad for part of it, being a trucker doesn't always allow him to make it home on a regular schedule) together and it was a fun, relaxing weekend to take some of the edge off. It is always nice to be able to blow off some steam with my siblings and the kids (I have 5 siblings, 4 married w/kids, 10 nieces and nephews total) It's a big group, and rarely quiet, but I love them for being willing to make the trip (in some cases from a pretty long way) for just a couple days of family time.
   There are times when stressed and worried about things that I have a very hard time writing or editing the books that I have in progress, but stressing and worrying doesn't accomplish anything. The opposite, in fact. I stress and I worry, and nothing gets done. I don't know if it's the same for any of you, but that's often how it works for me.
   Of course writing can be a good stress reliever, and if I put myself in front of the computer to write, sometimes it helps me to relax. Other times I stare blankly at the computer screen for hours at a time, getting nothing done. Depends on the day, I guess. Of course my main choice of stress relief is horseback riding, something I will get back to as soon as our mud pit (aka the yard) becomes dry enough to safely ride on.
   Anyway, there is always going to be some back and forth in attitude. But if you try to focus on positive things, rather than choosing to always stress over the negatives, you may find your attitude slowly turning a little more positive. :)

Not really sure where this came from. Just what happens when I start thinking about stuff at 12:30 am, I guess. Probably not my best writing, but what can you expect at this time of day? ;P Any questions or comments are welcome! (Just keep it clean:) Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment