Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Funny (Winter Related) Story

   Hey everyone! So, today I became one of "those" drivers. You know the ones. The drivers who, on the first snow fall of the year forget how to drive in it. And it happened pretty much the second I turned out of my driveway to go to work. We got the smallest amount of snow, but the temp was around the freezing mark and everything was very slippery. I drive a Jeep, but neglected to put it into 4-wheel drive, so almost as soon as I turned out of my driveway (which is located at the top of a hill, by the way :) I began to lose control and fish-tailed wildly down the hill, ending up in the ditch at the bottom of the hill. The car was fully in the ditch, but I was able to drive back out again, (by using the aforementioned 4-wheel drive) and continue on my way to work without any further issues. I found the whole situation hilarious, since I've been driving in Wisconsin winter's since I got my license, and for some reason just couldn't handle it today.
   On a more writing-related note, I got an email from the computer manufacturer today and I should be getting the computer back later this week. It may take a couple days to finish updating my files, but I have hopes of sending in my new files by the end of this week, and then- barring any unforeseen printing issues- will hopefully be able to approve publication of Kindred. Keep an eye out for further updates! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment