Friday, September 20, 2013

Funny Story

    So I haven't gotten as much done this week as I'd been hoping. Other things (work, allergies, neck/back pain, etc.) have gotten in the way a bit so I haven't done much editing on Kindred yet, but I plan to do some of it tonight and more this weekend. I plan to hopefully post Kindred chapter one later this weekend or early next week.
    Here is a fun story that happened to me this morning before work: My dog, Dundee, a Golden Retriever/Australian Shepherd mix, came into the front yard carrying something in his mouth. I went outside to see what it was and when he dropped it to greet me it turned out what he had was a little ground squirrel. Without touching it, I tried to look it over a bit to see if it was injured, and it started creeping toward me. I was holding Dundee and couldn't back away very quickly as it approached. After a moment it stopped creeping and launched itself onto my pant leg and climbed up my clothes up to my armpit! Dancing around like an idiot I tried to get it off, and the poor thing ended up in Dundee's mouth again. I made him drop it and it ran off without a hitch! He was full of dog slobber, and a little shaken up, but otherwise seemed unharmed. I guess he'll have an interesting story to tell his little squirrel friends today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment